The cloud data engineer works with a team to design, implement and maintain data infrastructure in a cloud environment. The individual is expected to have at least 5 years of experience in a systems engineering or devops position, including deploying and supporting data-driven applications in the cloud. This position requires a BS in Computer Science, IT, or related disciplines and an ability to self manage and work independently towards agreed upon objectives.
Required skills (at least 3 of 7 areas listed below):
- Programming, such as Python, Java or Scala.
- Amazon AWS, such as S3, EMR, ELB, RDS, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail and VPC.
- Big Data and Data Science Technologies, such as Spark and SciPy.
- Data Processing, such as data cataloging, cleanup, querying and transfer.
- DevOps / Infrastructure Automation, such as cloudformation, chef, ansible or puppet.
- Information Security, including threat detection, SEIM, and incident response.
- Experience with statistics, machine learning and geographic information systems a plus.
- Green card or US Citizen (F1 OPT may work, too)
- Full or part-time
- Remote or located in Washington, DC or Portland, Oregon metro areas